Benefit to RIM members
Category A to E (Full Member) & Category F (Associate Member)
- Having your views and concerns being represented by RIM on various Music Industry committees and associations, both local and international;
- To submit nominations for Anugerah Industri Muzik (AIM) Awards;
- To be entitled to the benefits of RIM’s anti piracy enforcement activities, subject to enforcement carried out for Category A to E;
- To participate in the events organized by RIM; and
- To be eligible for selection by RIM to participate at regional/international music competitions.
Categories of Membership
There are 7 categories of RIM membership, all of which are set out in the RIM application form.Category A to F are for producers and exclusive licensees; Category G is reserved for manufacturers and printers. Category F and G members are Associate members. However only Category G members are not eligible for PPM royalty distribution.
|Category||Status||Sales per year (RM000’000)||Subscription Fee|
|Category A Member||Full Member||More Than 20||RM15,000/-|
|Category B Member||Full Member||10 - 20||RM10,000/-|
|Category C Member||Full Member||5 - 10||RM5,000/-|
|Category D Member||Full Member||2 - 5||RM2,500/-|
|Category E Member||Full Member||Less than 2||RM1,500/-|
|Category F Member||Associate Member||Level 1||RM250/-|
|Category G Member||Associate Member||Level 2||RM3,000/-|
Eligibility & Requirements
- Recording Company or Business must first be registered at the Companies Commission of Malaysia
- Completed the membership application forms
- The completed application form must thereafter be returned to us with a copy of the following documents :
- a photocopy/softcopy of the Form incorporating your Company or Business (ie.Form 24 or 49 if Company; Form B if business);
- a sample of your product, if any;
- your letterhead; and
- your logo (as well as licensing logo, if any) basically this is any logo which you will be using/applying in relation to your product.
- Applications for the membership are decided upon by the Council who have absolute discretion both on granting or refusal of such applications.